Our Sales Manager Nina is the genius behind this Banana Bread! She adapted the receipt from 101 Cookbooks and gave it a hit of our classic chai flavours by adding in our Hiranya Honey and Chai Baking Spice.
This is an easy, go-to recipe if you have over-ripe bananas sitting around and don't know what to do with them! Here's how to try it yourself...
- 3 mashed, ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil or melted butter
- 3/4 cup dark muscovado or dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk or yogurt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 handful of walnuts
- 1 handful of dates
- 1 tablespoon of Hiranya Chai-Infused Honey
- 1 tablespoon of Chai Baking Spice
- Preheat the oven to 175°C and oil or butter a 23 x 13 cm loaf pan.
- Mashed bananas in a large bowl and stir in the coconut oil and then the brown sugar, Chai Baking Spice and coconut milk.
- Next, add the eggs, Hiranya Honey and vanilla, stirring until well combined.
- Add the flours, baking soda, and salt mixing until batter combines (avoid over-mixing).
- Fold in the handful of dates and walnuts.
- Lastly, pour batter into the oiled pan and bake until golden brown (about 50 minutes). Option to top batter with another handful of walnuts.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn the loaf out of the pan to cool completely.
- Slice and enjoy!